Founded in 1741 as the burial ground for the Second Parish of Dedham, Old Parish Cemetery encapsulates the history of the town of Norwood from its beginnings in 1736.
Today, volunteers, with the support of town officials, are working to preserve this historic site. Dormant since the mid-1900s, and virtually surrounded by commercial structures, Old Parish Cemetery offers a contemplative green space for those seeking solace and peace. Its memorials are rich in lessons about the cultural and social evolution of the community.
Historian and author Patricia Fanning guides the reader through the history of Norwood as she tells the engaging stories of those buried here.
top of page
bottom of page