top of page
Search

Elijah & Olive Dean Bullard

Elijah Bullard (1786-1858)

Olive B. Dean Bullard (1784-1843)

Rene Dean Bullard (1815-1836)

William Bullard (1817-1821)

Elizabeth Bullard (1820-1841)

 

Elijah Bullard was born on January 11, 1786 in Bellingham, Massachusetts. On October 21, 1813, he married Olive B. Dean in Dedham. Olive was born on June 29, 1784 and was the daughter of Benjamin Dean II and Elizabeth Gould Dean. Bullard was a successful farmer whose home originally stood at the corner of today’s Day and Washington Streets. The area was known as Bullard Farm.





 

Three of Olive and Elijah’s children are buried alongside them in Old Parish Cemetery.

Rene Dean Bullard, born in 1815, died on July 27, 1836 at the age of 21 of consumption (tuberculosis). William Bullard, born in 1817 and christened in 1818, died on June 2, 1821 at the age of 4 years, 4 months. His death was attributed to a lung infection, which may have been tuberculosis as well. Elizabeth Bullard was born on December 3, 1820 and died on February 20, 1841. She too succumbed to consumption. The children’s mother, Olive Dean Bullard died two years later on January 12, 1843 of tuberculosis.

 

On June 16, 1853, Elijah Bullard, 67, married Harriet Deane, 52, in Worcester. He died on August 31, 1858 in Sutton, Massachusetts of cholera morbus.




 

William Bullard’s stone was recovered by Old Parish Preservation Volunteers, repaired, and reset in the spring of 2021.






In the mid-1850s, Joseph Day bought the property known as the Bullard Farm and moved the farmhouse to the corner of Lyman Place and Market Street (today’s Central Street). It was later demolished.



The site of the Bullard House on Central St. as it appears in 2023.

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page